[Python-Dev] Pymalloc and backward compatibility

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:25:02 -0500

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Aahz]
>> I am not talking about some abstract general case; it looks to me that in
>> this specific case backward compatibility isn't an issue, and I still
>> have not seen any explanation for why I'm wrong.
>
> Well, give us a reason to believe you're right <wink>.  Specific cases can't
> be decided on "general principles" -- the only way to know what vim's needs
> actually are is to study its source code.  Have you done that?  I haven't.

You'll note that I started this exchange by asking why pre-2.0 was a
requirement, with none of the responses directly addressing my question.
I'm certainly not competent to analyze the code, but I think I can at
least ask interesting questions.  ;-)
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker