[Python-Dev] 2.2.1 release mechanics

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:55:59 -0400

> > April  8 ~1200 GMT: freeze begins.
> >
> >                     Over the next 24 hours I'll do tests, write
> >                     Misc/NEWS, update version numbers, etc.
>
> This is now.  Please make no checkins to the release22-maint branch
> unless you're an Appointed Wizard (me, Jack, Tim, Fred) or have been
> asked to by an Appointed Wizard.

Note that I was just in time checking in the backward compatibility
bool(), True and False builtins (returning ints, of course).  If
Anthony is listening, could I add those to 2.1.3 too?  This will ease
backporting 2.3 code to 2.1.3 and 2.2.1.

> Especially given the -checkins situation.

Sigh.  I expect we're behind because SpamAssassin is working extra
hours. :-(