[Python-Dev] A dizzying stream of checkins

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:29:29 -0500

This is just an aside, only peripherally related to the current "stability"
thread, but my head starts to spin when I see a rapid flurry of checkins.
(I count 43 in my current inbox since about 6PM EDT Sunday). That doesn't
count any I've already deleted.  It appears that there are some things going
in on the main branch, Guido's checking in bool() and friends for 2.2.1 and
Anthony's putting the 2.1.3 release machine in motion.  I guess I could sort
it out better if I paid closer attention to the presence or absence of a
Tag: attribute in the checkin mail.  Has anyone given any thought to how
this flood of mail might be managed more cleanly?  I can certainly mess
around locally with procmail, but I was wondering if it was worth trying to
do something more centrally.

Skip