[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:31:13 -0300

Guido,

> Maybe my mistake was thinking that adding bool was a small change.

I think sometimes you're excessively careful when publishing PEPs.

When I first read your post about PEP 285, and read you asking if
this should be implemented at all, I knew this would happen. This
makes people which have no idea what they're talking about feel like
they can influence something. Have a look at the ACCEPTED thread,
and compare it to the first thread. In the second thread, you were
decided to implement it. I'm not saying you shouldn't care about
anyone's opinion, I just think you should publish PEPs as accepted,
even if for some good reason, you fallback your idea (that's what
really happens, anyway).

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]