[Python-Dev] Pondering some changes to python.c...

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
09 Apr 2002 08:51:33 +0200

Sean Reifschneider <jafo@tummy.com> writes:

> >That's very hacky, IMO, and something I would not like to see
> >generally available. If you need that feature, embed Python.
>
> Indeed.  Setting it in python.c is relatively easy...  That's what the
> patch I included did...

If you need that patch, just use it. But I would not like to see it in
Python.

> I'm sure it's not hard to find the memory block that argv resides at if you
> are a kernel module, but I suspect fewer changes are required by using the
> mechanism I proposed earlier.  ;-)

Fewest changes to Python can be made if there are no changes at
all. If people then still need the feature, they might use the
extension module that finds the argv block. Still no need to change
the way how main() works.

Regards,
Martin