[Python-Dev] "Unstable" is an ambiguous word...

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:30:02 -0400

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > For bug fixes, I encourage that. The question will come up whether new
 > features also need to be back-ported.

I think it would be a good idea to have a way to determine from a
checkin comment whether it was part of a bugfix (w/ issue # if there
is one), feature (w/ issue #, again), or simple code cleanliness
(whitespace cleanup, etc.).  Something that can be checked by tools
would be nice, especially for release managers.

It might also be worth adding something that does the appropriate
whitespace checks automatically and requires that the whitespace be
right before allowing the commit, if only to avoid having the separate
whitespace cleanups.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>