[Python-Dev] "Unstable" is an ambiguous word...

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:10:45 -0500

    Guido> So maybe we're closing in to consensus: significantly slower
    Guido> "major" releases (like 2.3), more effort in "bugfix" releases
    Guido> (like 2.2.1) and more of those.  And guess what, Anthony Baxter
    Guido> has offered to be the 2.2.2 releasemeister.

Silly boy...  :-)

Are bugfix releases going to require less effort to produce?  That is, will
they just be a source tarball?

    Guido> I also like Andrew's idea of making everybody commit their
    Guido> changes in both branches -- to scale the effort of keeping the
    Guido> maintenance branch up-to-date.

That makes sense, though for those of us who've never tried checking in on
multiple branches someone might want to give a quick tutorial.  Is it as
simple has having two trees checked out at once, one checked out using -r
and one using -A?

Skip