[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:47:18 -0400

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:20:25AM -0400, Paul Hughett wrote:
>version-to-version upgrades are generally pretty easy.  And a detailed
>list of the API changes made, so that I can review it and say, "No problem
>there.  Not there either.  Oops, better fix that..." and be able to get
>a reasonable estimate of the effort required for an upgrade.  If you've

Misc/NEWS in the source tree contains a list of C-level changes in the
"C API" section.  There's also a brief section titled "Interpreter
Changes and Fixes" in the "What's New" document, but I don't try to be
exhaustive, so the Misc/NEWS file is a better source.

Side note: The NEWS file is split into separate parts for each alpha
and beta release; at some point, should all the entries for 2.2a1,
2.2a2, 2.2b1, &c., be merged into a single section for 2.2final?
Otherwise finding all the C API changes in 2.2 requires a lot of
scrolling and hunting.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
"I would not tell them too much," said Holmes. "Women are never to be
entirely trusted, -- not the best of them."
    -- From "The Sign of the Four"