[Python-Dev] "Unstable" is an ambiguous word...

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:59:26 -0400

> What about recent pymalloc changes?  They should yield some
> performance enhancements, will make no difference to Python code, but
> probably require cooperation from extension authors...

That would be another Project. :-(  May be worth it, may be not.  I'd
hate to foist pymalloc on the community in 2.2.2 only to find out that
it breaks in 1% of situations.

It does suggest that we should try to strive for a malloc API that
doesn't require changes to extensions written (according to the docs)
for 2.2.