[Python-Dev] 2.3 goals

Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:06:58 -0400

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 05:01:35PM +0200, Alex Martelli wrote:
>Well put!  Goal-driven releases, rather than time-driven ones, seem
>important for both tracks, the stable and the experimental one.

So, does anyone want to set a list of goals for 2.3?  Here's my list:

    Implement PEP 262, and a simple package manager on top of it.

    Finish the block encryption PEP.  Neil S. suggested to me that
    adding AES to Python's standard library would be a good idea.
    (And maybe deprecate rotor if we do that.)

    Add support for the long-awaited Python catalog.

    Documentation: complete the distribution and installation manuals

    Look over the Demos/ directory and update where required.  (Of
    course, I wanted to do that for every previous 2.x release, too, so
    don't be too surprised if it doesn't happen.)

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
As soon as I found myself in this horrible place, I started looking
for you.
    -- Susan, in "The Five Doctors"