[Python-Dev] 2.3 goals
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:36:40 -0400
Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> So, does anyone want to set a list of goals for 2.3? Here's my list:
> Implement PEP 262, and a simple package manager on top of it.
> Finish the block encryption PEP. Neil S. suggested to me that
> adding AES to Python's standard library would be a good idea.
> (And maybe deprecate rotor if we do that.)
> Add support for the long-awaited Python catalog.
> Documentation: complete the distribution and installation manuals
> Look over the Demos/ directory and update where required. (Of
> course, I wanted to do that for every previous 2.x release, too, so
> don't be too surprised if it doesn't happen.)
* New tests
* Fix doc bugs on SF (I know Fred needs help with this)
* Remove use of any deprecated features in the core
* Doc deprecated features appropriately
* Move deprecated features under Py_DEPRECATED (or whatever is decided)
* Deprecate modules which are unmaintained,
or perhaps make a new category for modules 'Unmaintained'
In general, lots of cleanup so it is easier to move forward.
I've been trying to do these things. But since I'm new,
I don't know about most of the baggage.