[Python-Dev] Re: PEP Politics

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:50:50 -0400

> > I wasn't serious, but AFAICT /F was serious in his suggestion not to
> > discuss my PEPs on c.l.py any more.
>
> not sure that was what I suggested, really -- my point is
> that you cannot treat c.l.py as a representative subset of
> the current user base.
>
> most people are elsewhere, and most users won't see the
> PEP at all, no matter where you post it.

But what am I to do?  c.l.py may not be representative, but neither is
python-dev, and I'd like to get feedback from as many folks as
possible.  Maybe it's just a matter of wording -- make it clear that
the feedback won't necessarily affect the PEP unless I like what's
being said.  But that will still cause certain folks to bitch.  Sigh.