[Python-Dev] Re: PEP Politics

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:53:02 -0400

> Seems to me that you're being unreasonably, er, boolean in your
> thinking here.

Yes, as a way to help move the discussion forward. :-)

> From my POV, the fact that the BDFL follows the same PEP process
> as everyone else is a powerful point in favor of stability.

Even if in practice it causes the peasants to show up at the gates
armed with pitchforks?

> There may not be a way to do it, but I'd sure like to try some
> things to lessen the difficulty of using c.l.py.

I'd be happy to run my PEPs by the Aahz PR machine.  You might want to
remind me of that next time I float a PEP in python-dev, i.e. well
before it hits c.l.py.