[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:30:01 -0400

"Patrick K. O'Brien" wrote:

> [Neal Norwitz]
> >
> > "Patrick K. O'Brien" wrote:
> >
> > > What I think is needed is a list of what is missing
> >
> > The list is quite large.  Skip the rest of this messge for those
> > who are uninterested.  The list contains both python modules
> > as well as C modules.  Please let me know about mistakes.
>
> [big list of modules missing unit tests]
>
> Thanks for the list. I'm curious now. Where did this list come from? Is it
> actively maintained? If we start adding the missing unit tests is there a
> way to maintain this list?

I pulled it from where the sun don't shine. :-)
I did a bunch of ls/grep/echo/... commands.  Then post processed manually.

It's not maintained anywhere.  It would be great if there was a place
to maintain/update it.  Suggestions?

I have another script which builds python with test-coverage
and will tell you each line/function that doesn't get executed
in case you get really bored. :-)

There's only about 200 functions in Objects/*.c.

Neal