[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:59:56 -0400

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     >> If churning out a binary installer *suitable for a development
>     >> branch* can be reduced to a few minutes, fine.  If not ...
>
>     aahz> Seems to me that for dev releases, there's no need for a "Windows
>     aahz> installer".  A zip file that contains the necessary install tree
>     aahz> ought to be sufficient.
>
> I think the contention was implicitly that many people who might be able to
> help test development releases couldn't because they lack the necessary
> tools to build from source.

Sorry, I guess I'm still too Windows-centric in assuming that "install
tree" would be generally understood as containing executables.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker