[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Gerhard Häring haering_python@gmx.de
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:05:56 +0200

* Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> [2002-04-10 00:02 -0500]:

>     Gerhard> But some of these are hard to build and most users don't know
>     Gerhard> there are perfectly good free compilers for Windows.
>
> Perhaps this sort of thing could be documented on the Windows page.  I
> presume the Cygwin environment is advanced enough to produce MSVC-compatible
> EXE files by now.

No, it isn't. I was working one some patches to make this a possibility,
but because of a stupid mistake, I lost them. I plan to work on this
subject again, though. What is needed are mostly changes to
pyconfig.h.in, configure.in and Makefile.pre.in. And a little distutils
tweaking. But it sure won't work out of the box now.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 1.6 °C      Wind: 1.5 m/s