[Python-Dev] test_mpz skipped?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
10 Apr 2002 08:22:02 +0200

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy@zope.com> writes:

> > test test_mpz skipped -- No module named mpz
> > 1 test skipped:
> >     test_mpz
> > 1 skip unexpected on linux2:
> >     test_mpz
>
> Is this just a question of adding test_mpz to the list of expected
> skips on Linux?  Or is there some problem with my build?

No, and no. The notion of "per-platform expected skipped tests" is
inherently broken for targets where you usually build from source
(i.e. Unix): It depends much on the set of libraries that you have
available.

It would be much better if somebody rewrote this aspect to analyse the
expected failures more precisely. E.g. if module mpz was not built,
test_mpz should be skipped; if it was built but fails to import, that
would be unexpected.

Regards,
Martin