[Python-Dev] Developer resources (was Re: Stability and change)

Steve Holden sholden@holdenweb.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:34:41 -0400

Aahz wr
ote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002, Steve Holden wrote:
> > Fred Drake wrote:
> >>
> >> (BTW, is the Starship membership closed now?  If so, the starship home
> >> page should be updated.)
> >
> > Well, certainly the starship and (earlier) the PSA were
indistinguishable
> > from /dev/null from the point of view of a relative newcomer (who had
paid
> > for a conference without attending it) wanting a starship account.
>
> When was this?  There was a while when the Starship admins were mostly
> off the air, but I believe things have improved.  (Or I wouldn't have
> suggested making Starship a focus of dev efforts.)

Aeons ago. Well, over two years, anyway -- the reason I didn't get to the
conference was a confluence of machine crash and too much snow (this was the
Rosslyn event).

The reception was so underwhelming I eventually decided not to bother.

regards
 Steve