[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:32:42 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   SM> Oh well.  Guido already complains (rightfully so, I believe)
>   SM> that there is very little community input on the existing
>   SM> alpha/beta/rc1/rc2 process.  As he put it earlier today, people
>   SM> who check out 2.2final think they are early adopters.  If most
>   SM> people don't test out early releases now, Tim's been wasting his
>   SM> time generating all those installers.
>
> Here you say: Few people download and test development releases.

Skip's already answered with half of my point.  The other half that's
critical to this is making it easy and comfortable to try out dev
releases and promoting this through the community.  We want to encourage
people to do this, and in my time on python-dev (plus more time on
c.l.py), I have seen little attempt to directly address this.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker