[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:26:31 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> * As I've said in other posts, what we're really looking for isn't so
>> much people to download these releases as people to *use* these
>> releases.  That means they need to at least feel comfortable
>> submitting bug reports and preferably also feel comfortable creating
>> context diffs and stuff like that.  We want to create an environment
>> that eases people like me into this process.  We're starting to go
>> in that direction with the Developer's Guide, but I want to keep
>> focused on it.
>
> Maybe in addition to a developer's guide we need a tester's guide,
> focusing on how to test new releases and report bugs.

<nod>  I'll make that part of the Developer's Guide?  Or a separate
link off the main page?
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker