[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:20:17 -0400

[Jeremy Hylton]
> I was imagining the answer would be something more like: Count number
> of bugs marked as "closed" and "fixed" over some time interval.

People are highly suspicious of statistics with a clear meaning.  I think it
has something to do with penis length measurements (on which count *I* have
no cause for fear, let me assure you -- indeed I break most measuring tapes
whenever a squirrel runs by outside my window).

Is there a simple way to get a count of bugs fixed on the release22-maint
branch over a given time span?  I don't think so, but there *could* be if
people added an entry to the appropriate NEWS file(s) per bug fixed.  Or
maybe that's just dreamming up a way to discourage bug fixes <wink>.