[Python-Dev] Re: Unittest list

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:17:24 -0400

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> Neal Norwitz writes:
>  > Some of the modules which had a larger # of untested functions include:
>  >      Objects/weakrefobject.c
>
> I'd guess that a lot of untested functions here are the slot wrappers,
> which are macro generated and all boilerplate, except for a couple.
> I'd be interested in seeing the list to see if my intuition is right
> though; if wrong, it's time to add some tests.  And it probably
> wouldn't hurt to add tests for the boilerplate stuff anyway, just to
> be extra careful about understanding expectations and protecting
> against regression failures.

weakref is a lot better than it used to be.

For anyone interested, I'll put the info on the MetaSlash site:

	http://www.metaslash.com/py/

Specifically for the untested functions in Objects/

	http://www.metaslash.com/py/Objects/lines-untested-funcs

The script which generates the files can be found here:

	http://www.metaslash.com/py/make-stats.sh

I'll try to keep useful information there.

Neal