[Python-Dev] RELEASED: Python 2.2.1

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:53:49 -0400

Michael Hudson writes:
 > Me, obviously.  I think I said when I did it here.

You probably did, but there was a pretty mail volume earlier this
week, so probably got lost in the pile.  ;-)  Heck, it might even
still be waiting for me to get to it!

 > Well, only the 48 hour plan I posted to python-dev.  Admittedly that
 > didn't say when I would tag the tree.

I liked having the plan.  Perhaps this could be added to the release
procedure PEPs.

 > Can some who knows how sort out the CVS mess?  I can learn, I guess,
 > but I'd rather not risk cocking it up.
 >
 > The other changes that were made in the process of building the
 > windows installer and the docs I really don't care about (i.e. the
 > changes Trent posted).
 >
 > Is this worth updating the tarball for?

Avoiding this question is why we need the specific coordination on the
tagging.  ;-)  Should the tarball define the release, or does the
release define the tarball?  Doesn't matter as long as they're the
same.  The value of the tag is that it reflects the release.

Since the tarball went out broken (not matching the files used to
build), I'm not sure what should be done to fix things.  I'll be glad
to handle the CVS machinery if the determination is that the tag
should be moved.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>