[Python-Dev] Can the cgi module be made Unicode-aware?

Alex Martelli aleax@aleax.it
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:56:36 +0200

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

> > Adding an "accept-charset" attribute to the <form> does appear to
> > have some effect on Content-Type in some instances, but not in all.
>
> It might depend on the browser, since it's proprietary.

It might of course depend on the browser even if it's official.  Browsers
notoriously comply to "extended subsets" (:-) of w3c recommendations
to bewildering extents.

Alex