[Python-Dev] trace.py and the obscurity of Tools/scripts/ (was: Unittest list)

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
11 Apr 2002 17:58:06 +0100

Zooko <zooko@zooko.com> writes:

> Since even python-dev'ers find ancient copies of trace.py on ftp
> sites before they find the one in the Tools/scripts/ directory, and
> since the debian package of Python 2.2 comes without a
> Tools/scripts/ directory at all, I conclude that the Tools/scripts/
> directory it isn't doing its job very well.  I suggest it either be
> killed or fixed.  I'm not sure how to do the latter -- link to it
> from the doc pages?

Kill it and I'll be after you with an axe.  Admittedly there's a lot
of cruft that should be removed, rewritten or reorganised, but there's
some mighty useful stuff there too (eg. logmerge.py).  I don't see why
I should suffer just because other people don't know where to look...

Cheers,
M.

--
  Darned confusing, unless you have that magic ingredient coffee, of
  which I can pay you Tuesday for a couple pounds of extra-special