[Python-Dev] trace.py and the obscurity of Tools/scripts/ (was: Unittest list)

Zooko Zooko <zooko@zooko.com>
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:19:42 -0700

 Barry A. Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:
> That's what I think I meant,... yeah!  IOW, convert the script to a
> library module, with a main() and leave a little driver in the
> Tools/scripts directory.

So in terms of `trace.py', it is a widely useful tool and already has a
programmatic interface.  Being added to the hallowed Python Standard Library
would be a major step up in publicity and hence usage.  It would require
better docs regarding the programmatic usage.

Anything else that would be required for trace to make this transition?

Zooko.Com -- Security and Distributed Systems Engineering