[Python-Dev] A "new" kind of leak

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:53:11 -0400

[Neil Hodgson]
>    Are you aware of the ability to build Visual C++ projects from the
> command line just like good old make files? Like this:
>
> msdev SciLexer.dsp /MAKE "SciLexer - Win32 Release" /REBUILD

Dimly, from a previous life.  Hitting "Batch Build" once in the GUI manages
to build 18 Python targets (DLLs and exes), once each in two configurations.
Looks like

     \msdev\msdev98\bin\msdev pcbuild.dsw /make ALL

from within the PCbuild directory is equivalent.  Cool.  The first time I
get a warning msg from a Unix checkin and have to bring up the GUI anyway to
stare at it in context is the last time I'll use it <wink>.