[Python-Dev] Building on Windows (was Re: A "new" kind of leak)

Andy Robinson andy@reportlab.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:42:14 +0100

> changing directories in a DOS box is clumsy, and I

You do know how to turn on command line completion? ;-)

HKCU | HKLM -> Software -> Microsoft -> Command Processor ->
CompletionChar -> 0x00009
and then the tab key completes.  (You may need to restart any
current DOS boxes)

This works on Win2k and NT4.  There are better shells available
for Win98 somewhere, but the NT/2000 batch language is pretty
capable. Not as well understood, but you can automate lots
of processes.

Not that I dispute yur basic thesis - we've managed to avoid
branching at ReportLab to date for exactly this reason :-)

- Andy Robinson