[Python-Dev] A "new" kind of leak

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:24:29 +1200 (NZST)

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net>:

> What is surprising is that it also leaks *memory* in 2.2 and current CVS,
> although it doesn't leak *objects* anymore,

> An effective solution would be to bound the size of the frameobject free
> list:

I don't think that's the right solution. Won't the same problem
occur with all the other kinds of free list as well? You'd have
to put bounds on all of them.

Seems to me the correct solution is to count allocs/frees from/to
any free list along with memory allocs/frees for the purpose of
deciding when to do a gc.