[Python-Dev] Building on Windows (was Re: A "new" kind of leak)

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:21:12 -0300

> cscope's occasionally handy.  I find it unwieldy when you have source
> files spread among several directories (though this may be user

I've created a vim plugin that looks for cscope.out in upper directories
until it gets into the root directory. This way, you may just create the
database recursively (cscope -b -R) in the root of the project, and
everything will work fine.

> stupidity), and TBH I know the bits of the Python source I regularly
> beat on well enough that I can usually find definitions as fast by
> hand/grep as I can with cscope.  It's more useful when in unfamiliar
> territory.

Agreed.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]