[Python-Dev] Re: Deprecating divmod() // % for complex

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:58:37 -0400

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> Neal Norwitz writes:
>  > So the APIs and doc can be removed.  Here's the current list,
>  > found by a lot of grepping in the Python modules:
>
> The docs cannot be removed when something becomes deprecated, only
> when it is removed.  Deprecated features still need to be documented
> since someone will need to modify code to not use the deprecated
> feature.  This requires understanding the deprecated material as well
> as whatever is used to supplant it.

I agree.  My point (which wasn't clear) was how does one know
when to remove a deprecated feature from X years ago.
Right now, it takes a lot of work to grep through the code & docs.

Neal