[Python-Dev] DeprecationWarnings in the regression tests

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:27:52 -0400

[Barry A. Warsaw]
> Run the regrtest.  We're now getting a bunch of warnings in
> test_coercion and test_descr.  I'm happy to ignore them, but I suspect
> this may end up as a FAQ if 2.3final's "make test" still emits them.

It won't.  I suppressed a whole bunch of other DeprecationWarnings in the
test suite last week, and that's easy to do (albeit tedious).  I was lazy,
though, and didn't add a call to resetwarnings() in each module where I
added a warning filter; indeed, we never call resetwarnings() anywhere now.