[Python-Dev] core out of select.so

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:00:54 -0400

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:34:15PM -0700, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:
>My backtraces appear to vary in quality (not sure why) -- sometimes I
>get all the symbols I expect, sometimes I get no symbols at all. The
>best traceback I have at the moment (though I

Please create a bug report on SourceForge for it (or send a traceback
or two to me privately, and I can file a bug report).

If the tracebacks show that the segfault is occurring at different
places in the C code, it's possible that some extension has a
refcounting bug or is overwriting malloc'ed memory.  The actual crash
would then come later in different code that isn't actually buggy.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
The cheeseboard is the world, and the pieces the phenomena of the universe, as
my old friend Huxley used to say. <pause> Cheeseboard?
    -- The Doctor, in "Logopolis"