[Python-Dev] core out of select.so

Geoff Gerrietts geoff-pdev@gerrietts.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:02:12 -0700

Quoting Andrew Kuchling (akuchlin@mems-exchange.org):
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:34:15PM -0700, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:
> >My backtraces appear to vary in quality (not sure why) -- sometimes I
> >get all the symbols I expect, sometimes I get no symbols at all. The
> >best traceback I have at the moment (though I
>
> Please create a bug report on SourceForge for it (or send a traceback
> or two to me privately, and I can file a bug report).

Has always been my intent, I just want to do my homework, first, and
see if I can't turn it into something reproducible that doesn't
require mirroring my exact installation and Zope database.

> If the tracebacks show that the segfault is occurring at different
> places in the C code, it's possible that some extension has a
> refcounting bug or is overwriting malloc'ed memory.  The actual crash
> would then come later in different code that isn't actually buggy.

The tracebacks appear to be pointing to the same memory addresses. I'm
generating a bunch, and I've gone back and rebuilt python with
Py_DEBUG turned on to see what I can find out there.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Whenever people agree with me I always
<geoff at gerrietts net>     feel I must be wrong." --Oscar Wilde