[Python-Dev] autoheader warning for WITH_UNIVERSAL_NEWLINES

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
22 Apr 2002 23:28:54 +0200

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> Occasionally autoconfig changes its mind about how to order this
> file.  I think I've seen versions disagree about whether sorting was
> case-sensitive or not, and what to do with leading underscores, or
> something like that.

The most recent change was due to dropping acconfig.h. Before, I
believe autoheader tried to preserve the order in acconfig.h, and
prepended all automatic entries in alphabetic order. Now that all
entries are generated, alphabetic order should be used in the entire
file.

Regards,
Martin