[Python-Dev] More deprecations

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:22:42 -0400

  MAL> "Martin v. Loewis" wrote:
  >>
  >> Neal Norwitz <neal@metaslash.com> writes:
  >>
  >> > Should the methods which use gopher also be deprecated?
  >>
  >> On the deprecation of gopherlib: Shortly after I wrote the
  >> initial RFC, I got some comments that gopher, as a protocol, is
  >> not dead yet, and that hence gopherlib should not be deprecated.
  >>
  >> I'd like to hear opinions whether people still think this is the
  >> case today.

  MAL> 	http://www.scn.org/~bkarger/gopher-manifesto
  MAL> 	gopher://gopher.browser.org/

In case you haven't followed these links yet or poked around in the
odd alternate universe they describe <0.4 wink>, it looks like gopher
is still kicking.  My Mozilla browser supports it, and there seem to
be a bunch of servers out there with current information.

I think gopherlib should be un-deprecated.

Jeremy