[Python-Dev] CHUNKSIZE

Michael Gilfix mgilfix@eecs.tufts.edu
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 13:12:13 -0400

  This comment is more of a question.. Does the chunksize not have
to do with how the filesystem stores blocks? I *think* it's better
to retrieve in blocks that best match the size of the filesystem. So
8K would make sense since many FS's have 4K chunks and many have 16K
chunks, etc... I'm probably totally wrong so someone please tell
me why :)

--
Michael Gilfix
mgilfix@eecs.tufts.edu