[Python-Dev] Simpler reformulation of C inheritance Q.

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:24:52 +1200 (NZST)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com>:

> > This would only handle single inheritance, but I think
> > that's all you can have at the C level anyway, isn't
> > it?
>
> 1. I'm pretty sure the answer to the above question is no

Er, you mean it *is* possible to inherit from multiple
extension types? How?

> 2. The scheme you propose is more costly in memory and cycles than I'd
> like

It's only one memory cycle more than it takes to access
the existing sub-structures. And it's a lot better than
the alternative, which is doing a Python dict lookup!