[Python-Dev] Re: framer tool

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:46:22 +0200

On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 08:14 , Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Should I try to make framer a modulator replacement?  I've got some
> time to work on it, but checked in the current progress in hopes of
> finding more help.

I think that would be a good idea. Modulator was something I quickly
threw together years ago, I think that it may even have been the first
Tkinter program I did (that may even have been the main reason for
writing it:-). The code quality shows this, and it hasn't been
maintained in aeons. Still, because it's such a quick and dirty tool it
has it's place. It would be good if framer could grow similar
functionality (a GUI where you tap a couple of buttons to create objects
and methods, plus a couple of switches to select the protocols the
objects should adhere to) so we can lay modulator to rest.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -