[Python-Dev] Re: string.find() again (was Re: timsort for jython)

Ka-Ping Yee python-dev@zesty.ca
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     RH> I think Barry and GvR are on the right track.
>
> Heh, I actually agree with Tim that it should raise an exception, but
> I can also see the value in the other point of view.  This is one of
> those things that we'd just have to learn to live with whichever
> behavior is chosen, and Guido's made up his mind.

That's fine.  But what i'm trying to say is there's a migration issue:
this decision is a significant change from current behaviour, and it
worries me that we would let this change pass silently without any
grace period.

-- ?!ng