[Python-Dev] Re: string.find() again (was Re: timsort for jython)

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:25:42 -0400

[Barry]
> Heh, I actually agree with Tim that it should raise an exception, but
> I can also see the value in the other point of view.

Hah!  As I've long suspected, your mind is easily clouded.  I see no value
in any point of view, and that's why the universe will be all mine.

> This is one of those things that we'd just have to learn to live with
> whichever behavior is chosen, and Guido's made up his mind.

That too.  I didn't figure the world would actually end if Guido decided not
to promulgate conflicting definitions of what substring meant, and, so far,
I don't think it has.  And it's important to me that the world not end,
since, as demonstrated earlier, someday it will be all mine.

bill-gates-only-thinks-it's-his-ly y'rs  - tim