[Python-Dev] Deprecation warning on integer shifts and such

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:45:59 +1200 (NZST)

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>:

> As these things are bitpatterns (they're all generated from .h files
> for system call interfaces and such) that the user will pass to
> methods that wrap underlying API calls I don't want them to be
> longs.

Presumably, by the time these actually become longs, the
relevant Python/C API calls for converting Python ints to
C ints will accept longs that are within range, so it
shouldn't be an issue.