[Python-Dev] PEP 277 (unicode filenames): please review

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:30:00 -0500

    mal> As always with Unicode, things are slightly more complicated than
    mal> what people are normally used to ...

What's the current behavior?  If my program receives an input in utf-8
(let's say it comes from a form on a website), what form will it be in, or
can't I tell?  Is it possible I will get spurious inequalities today if I
compare two different unicode objects which were created from different
sources and in different normal forms?  What about a string and a unicode
object?  Where can I read all about it (Python and unicode normalization)?

Skip