[Python-Dev] Alternative implementation of interning

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:39:01 -0500

    Guido> I think Oren did a good job on this.  Could somebody please do an
    Guido> independent review of the code before I check it in?

Since I haven't actually looked at the patch yet, this doesn't qualify as a
review, but how about renaming PyString_InternInPlace to
PyString_InternImmortal?  My guess is "InPlace" refers to some structural
difference between mortal and immortal interned strings which doesn't give
the programmer any hints about intended usage of either function.

Skip