[Python-Dev] Python build trouble with the new gcc/binutils

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
16 Aug 2002 21:55:14 +0200

Andrew Koenig <ark@research.att.com> writes:

> Seems unlikely -- the system linker isn't in my search path
> and "ls -ltu" shows that it hasn't been executed in 10 days.

Absence in the search path is irrelevant - gcc just knows that the
system linker is in /usr/ccs/bin/ld (see gcc/config/svr4.h).

It would help enourmously if you'ld focus on a single failing
scenario, and, for this scenario, would confirm that the binutils that
you had at configuration time of your compiler are also the ones that
it uses at run-time.

To confirm the latter, it would help if you would report the output
that you get from adding "-v" to one of the linker lines (e.g. for
struct.so).

Regards,
Martin