[Python-Dev] Platforms missing both fork and popen2/3

Steve Holden sholden@holdenweb.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:40:01 -0400

[Fredrik]
> Steve wrote:
>

> > The "third leg" of the CGIHTTPServer run_cgi() method is only taken if
the
> > platform's os module contains neither fork nor popen2 nor popen3
attributes.
> > My platform experience is pretty much limited to the mainstream . Which
> > platforms are we looking at here besides Macintosh OS 9 and prior?
>
> Python, before 2.0, on non-unix platforms.

Thanks. I'm happy to ignore that one for the purposes of a 2.3 fix. I'm not
sure whether I ought to be looking at backporting this one to 2.2, though.
The *HTTPServer modules are so patently not production-quality code I
suspect it won't matter.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/