[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 218 (sets); moving set.py to Lib

Martin Sjögren md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se
21 Aug 2002 10:16:55 +0200

--=-xdg8TO/yjz+k7Gej7Y+U

ons 2002-08-21 klockan 03.05 skrev Eric S. Raymond:
> For historical reasons, there are three different notations for Boolean
> algebra in common use.  You're describing the one derived from  set theor=
y.=20
> I personally favor the one derived from lattice algebra; the distinctive
> feature of that one is the pointy and &/| operators that look like /\  an=
> \/.  The third uses | and &.

Uhm, what about + and juxtaposition? They are quite common at least here
in Sweden, for boolean algebra.

Martin

--=-xdg8TO/yjz+k7Gej7Y+U

--=-xdg8TO/yjz+k7Gej7Y+U--