[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 218 (sets); moving set.py to Lib

Martin Sjögren md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se
22 Aug 2002 10:44:24 +0200

--=-6UjBzwGgs/NryKWvMJfj

tor 2002-08-22 klockan 01.20 skrev Greg Ewing:
> Martin =3D?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sj=3DF6gren?=3D <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se>:
>=20
> > Uhm, what about + and juxtaposition? They are quite common at least
> > here in Sweden, for boolean algebra.
>=20
> They're not normally used for sets, though, in my
> experience (despite the fact that set theory is
> a boolean algebra:-).

Nope, not for sets. I have rarely seen anything but \cup and \cap for
sets. But they are quite often used when working with boolean algebras
in general.

Martin

--=-6UjBzwGgs/NryKWvMJfj

--=-6UjBzwGgs/NryKWvMJfj--