[Python-Dev] Re: Move sets and `cogen' into a math module

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
26 Aug 2002 20:38:57 -0400

[Michael McLay]

> On Monday 26 August 2002 05:56 pm, François Pinard wrote:

> > The module could be called `cogen', abbreviation for COmbinatorial
> > GENerators.  Here is a first throw, to be criticised and improved.

> With [...] possibly cogen being added to the standard library [...]
> Would it make sense to change the math module into a package and move
> the new module inside that the math package?

For one, I do not feel that `cogen' is especially mathematical, or geared
especially towards mathematical or numerical problems

Algorithmic maybe...  But a good part of the Python library already shares
that property, doesn't it? :-)