[Python-Dev] Sourceforge CVS repository behaving strange?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:22:57 +0200

On donderdag, augustus 29, 2002, at 12:13 , Jack Jansen wrote:

> Either my brain needs to be pushed into gear or the CVS
> repository is behaving very strange.
>
> About half an hour ago I added and checked in a file
> Mac/OSX/setupDocs.py, but after I did another cvs update the
> file immediately disappeared with the message that it was no
> longer in the repository.

When I re-checked my console output I noticed what seems to have
actually happened, but I'm still at loss for an explanation. It
seems cvs added the file in the wrong location.

In Mac/OSX, I did
cvs add setupDocs.py
cvs commit ../../Misc/ACKS setupDocs.py

The commit message produced the following output:
Checking in ../../Misc/ACKS;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Misc/ACKS,v  <--  ACKS
done
RCS file: /cvsroot/python/python/setupDocs.py,v
done
Checking in setupDocs.py;
/cvsroot/python/python/setupDocs.py,v  <--  setupDocs.py
initial revision: 1.1
done

So, it somehow added my file at the root of the repository!

Anyway, I've fixed it, so the only thing that remains is a
baffled look on my face as to why it did this, and also as to
why viewcvs acts funny.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -